Sunday, June 8, 2014

Boiled Peanuts

My love affair with boiled peanuts started somewhere between Pensacola and Tallahassee during my undergrad. I would walk into a gas station and there would be a crock pot of those things just simmering away waiting to be purchased. And since I'm a when in Rome kind of gal, I made the exception of buying gas station food and tried my first boiled peanut. Now that I'm back down South I can't seem to find them anywhere. So, you know the drill... I made them. And they came out great.

Added all ingredients into the crockpot, ready to start cooking!



1 bag jumbo raw peanuts (not raw green peanuts)
1 3-ounce package of Zatarian's dry crab boil (found in the spice section at the supermarket)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
1/2 scant cup salt
2 jalapenos, roughly chopped
Water

In a crockpot add all the ingredients, pour in enough water to cover the peanuts. Cook on low for 12-15 hours until the peanuts in the shell are soft and full of yummy cajuny juice goodness. Eat warm or cold. Store leftover peanuts in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment