Monday, March 31, 2014

Avocado Pesto

Ok, if you're anything like me that title may put you off a bit. Avocados in pesto? Sounds strange. I only decided to make this because I had two very ripe avocados on the counter and no dinner plans. This pesto is AMAZEBALLS. Yeah, I went there. It's insane. I made it twice in a row, partly because I have an unhealthy love affair with pasta, but mainly because it was that damn good.




1 pound linguine pasta, GF if necessary, I love brown rice pasta so that's always a great option
1 large bunch of fresh basil, I probably used 1 1/2 to 2 cups lightly packed basil
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 avocados, pitted and scooped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup light olive oil (I think the virgin olive oil is too thick/strong for pesto, but whatever you like will work)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, optional



Cook the pasta according to instructions.

In a food processor add all ingredients except the sun-dried tomatoes, blend until creamy.

Toss warm pasta in pesto sauce, add in the sun-dried tomatoes, and mix until well incorporated. Serve warm.

Makes 4-6 portions

Recipe adapted from Chef Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment