Friday, May 9, 2014

Mexican Themed Dinner Party Post 1/3: Gazpacho

My best friend from college, Indigo, came into town for a little vacation (click here if you want to view our vacation blog post). I haven't seen Indie since our New Years vaycay to Toronto and Buffalo. Yes, technically it's only been three months, but that's three months too long for us gals. 


With that said, I planned a little dinner party for us with Erica, Erica's boyfriend Shaun, my family, and Marc. Because Indie and I go hard on Mexican food I decided Mexican would be the only appropriate theme. I made Gazpacho, an Esquites Corn Salad, and Baja Tempeh Tacos with a Cilantro-Lime Crema and Cabbage Slaw. I split the recipes into three posts, so stay tuned for the Esquites Corn Salad and Baja Tempeh Tacos.


Gazpacho   
2 pounds tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
½ cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
½ red onion, roughly chopped
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
⅓ cup blanched almonds
1 slice of sandwhich bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 medium fresh jalapeño, seeded and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves
Salt and black pepper
1 avocado, thinly sliced

Add all ingredients into blender, you may have to do this in batches, and blend until completely smooth. Taste for salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator and chill for a minimum of one hour, this also gives time for flavors to come together. Garnish with avocado before serving. I forgot to take the picture after I garnished, but don't skip on the avocado, it's divine with the Gazpacho.

Recipe by 

No comments:

Post a Comment