Saturday, September 14, 2013

Roasted Chickpeas

I learned to make these delicious little guys back when I was living in San Fransisco and I adore them just as much today as I did when I first made them. They're great to add into salads but honestly I eat these straight from the oven as a snack. They're crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. Perfectly delicious in every way.




1 can of chickpeas (make sure you buy BPA free lining!)
Drizzle of olive oil
A pinch of salt
A few grinds of black pepper
A couple pinches of smoked paprika

Set your oven to 350°F on the convection setting. In a small baking dish add the chickpeas, drizzle with the olive oil (about a teaspoon) and spices and give them a good toss to coat evenly. Pop them in the oven for 25 minutes until crisp on the outside, and soft on the inside. If you don't have a convection oven, that's fine, they'll probably take a little longer to cook, more like 40 minutes. You can switch up the spices to your liking, they're great with some garlic powder and rosemary- get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment