Monday, November 4, 2013

Garlicky Artichoke Dip

My mom makes this famous artichoke dip which has been passed down to me and has become a tradition on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately it wasn't plant-based and because of that I had to recreate it with other non-dairy ingredients. I can't say I recreated the dish, but I made a damn good dip that got the stamp of approval from the family.

2 cans artichoke hearts
6 tablespoons plant-based mayo
10-14 garlic cloves (did I mention this is garlicky?)
1 cup nutritional yeast

Rinse the artichoke hearts and place them in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients, give it a few pulses until all the ingredients are incorporated. You don't want to puree this, the dip is best with chunks of artichoke still in it- so take it easy with the food processor. Spray a small casserole dish with non-stick cooking say and spoon your dip into it. Bake covered at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, then remove the cover and bake for another 5. Serve warm with crackers for dipping!

*Sorry, I was so eager to dig right in that I completely forgot to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment