Sunday, November 3, 2013

Creamy Pumpkin Pie

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect recipes for baked goods as I am not a natural baker. I found this one and it's like the recipe creator new I hated baking... It is so beyond easy. Only downside is I skipped over the recommended homemade crust and used a store bought one. And although it was still delish, I think I may have to take the plunge and make the crust from scratch next time I make this.



 Filling:
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
2 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup full-fat coconut cream (this is the thick white stuff that floats on top of the clear liquid when you open up a can of coconut milk, just skim it off)
1 tablespoon plant-based butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1 Store bought pie crust, or follow this recipe for the homemade GF crust that sounds divine

In a large mixing bowl whisk together the maple syrup and cornstarch until well combined. Then add in the pumpkin, sugar, coconut cream, butter, vanilla extract and spices and whisk until it is smooth and creamy. Follow the instructions for your pie crust, mine recommended poking it with fork marks and baking it at 350° for 8 minutes. Once I took it out I poured in my pumpkin filling, lined the edges of the crust with a crust-protector (you can use tin foil), and baked it at 375° for 45 minutes, then removed the crust-protector and continued baking for another 15 minutes. Allow for the pie to cool for 1 hour, then place the pie in the fridge to cool for a minimum of 3 hours, or overnight. Do not skip that last step! I popped each slice in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.


Recipe from Oh She Glows

No comments:

Post a Comment