Monday, November 18, 2013

Roasted Radishes

A gorgeous bundle of rainbow radishes came in my food co-op box last week and I was immediately stumped. Eventually a friend suggested I roast them off in the oven, she said they lose that bitter taste and sort of remind her of mini potatoes when they're done. I gave it a go and I was so impressed. Now I'll finally have something to look forward to when I see the radishes in the co-op box again.


1 bundle of rainbow radishes
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Herbs de Provence
Optional: Squeeze of lemon

Preheat the oven to 450°F.

Clean the radishes and remove the tops. Cut the larger ones in half and remove any blemishes. Toss them in the olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes, or until fork tender, flipping them halfway through. When they come out of the oven sprinkle them with a little herbs de Provence and a squeeze of lemon. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment