Friday, December 20, 2013

Comfort Mac

For a long time I didn't know if I should blog this. It's not quite a Mac and Cheese, not quite a pasta sauce. It just is. It's my go-to pasta. It's what I make when I just want to lounge around all day, it's what I make when I'm too busy to actually cook something, and it's what I make often when my friend and I are having Girl's Night and get hungry around midnight. It's my go to Mac, and it has been for a year now. It's savory and rich and perfect. You'll just have to trust me on this one. When it's rainy or cold or snowy, or you're just lounging or lazy, then you will make this and then understand why it's been a staple of mine for so long.

2 cups small pasta (elbows, shells, orecchiette, etc. I often use GF pasta for this when I have it on hand)
1/4 cup plant-based butter
1/3 cup nutrional yeast
1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
3/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 large handfuls baby greens mix, like this

Cook your pasta so it's al dente. In a saute pan melt the butter, then add the yeast, braggs, dijon, and garlic powder and mixture until everything is incorporated. It looks chunky and strange, but it tastes heavenly so just have faith. Add your strained pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Lastly toss in your baby greens and mix, then divide into bowls and serve.

This recipe makes enough for 2 fairly large portions.

Recipe adapted from my friend Anna Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment