Monday, December 31, 2012

My Grandmother's Bruschetta

In the perfect world where I had loads of free time to myself I would make this and sit outside on the porch I don't have with a book and a glass of red wine. Mmmm perfection!

4 small vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
1 teaspoon mint, chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon vinegar*
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 loaf of french bread, cut into thin rounds (or GF bread, cut into small slices)

In a bowl combine the tomatoes, garlic, herbs, vinegar and oil, stir together. Allow ingredients to marinate together in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes. To prepare the french bread, place the rounds in the toaster drizzled with some olive oil, toast until slightly golden. Spoon bruschetta over the warm toasty bread and serve immediately.

*I prefer a red wine vinegar, it makes the bruschetta lighter and crisper, however using a more traditional vinegar like balsamic works as well

No comments:

Post a Comment