Sunday, March 31, 2013

Mocha Almond Cookies

With Easter on the horizon I knew I'd be tempted with all kinds of yummy desserts made with butter and eggs and dairy, so I had to buckle down and find a delicious vegan dessert recipe- and fast! These cookies were recommended to me and they seemed easy enough- I had just about all the ingredients on hand, so I went with it. I brought them to my Uncle's house for Easter dinner and they quickly became the talk of the table. You know they have to be good when non-vegans are requesting the recipe!



3 cups blanched almond flour (also called almond meal, found at Whole Foods)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 2/3 tablespoons finely ground coffee
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup coconut oil, warmed (refined so it can withstand high temperatures)
2/3 cup agave nectar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ยบ F  and lightly spray two large baking sheets. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, ground coffee, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, agave, vanilla and almond extract. Pour coconut oil mixture into flour mixutre and stir until moistened. Stir in dark chocolate. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls on greased baking sheets, they don't spread out much so don't worry about them being too close together. Bake for 8 minutes, rotating sheets after 4 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, serve warm.

Recipe from Michele Borboa

No comments:

Post a Comment