Sunday, August 11, 2013

Celery-Green Apple Juice

The other day I bought a whole head of celery because my split pea soup recipe called for one stalk. Let me be honest here, I'm not the biggest celery fan, but I know how important it is to consume a variety of produce and yes, that includes celery. So I juiced it. And honestly when pairing it with the green apple it's not in the least bit offensive, and quite pleasant actually.

I used a ratio of 2 stalks of celery to 1 green apple. If you're making this for kids I'd do a ratio of 1 stalk celery to 1 green apple and they won't suspect a thing.

Just run these through the juicer. I have the omega masticating juicer and I couldn't recommend it enough. I'm not the biggest fan of centrifugal juicers because the clean up to me is time consuming compared to the masticating juicers. And the quality of juice is poorer, as well as the nutritious properties since centrifugal juicers oxidize juice much more quickly than masticating juicers. Find the juicer that's right for you, whatever that may be, and juice away!

Celery-Green Apple pairing recommended by Anna Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment