Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Raw Zucchini Noodles with Checca Sauce

It's been forever since I've posted something! School has completely taken over my life the past few weeks. I had my 1st year comprehensive exam on Tuesday, which was by far the most stressful exam I've taken yet in my entire college (both undergraduate and graduate) career, and now that it's behind me I feel like I can finally get back to the fun stuff! Like cooking!


This not only has super intense flavor for such a simple dish, it's really filling. If you don't have a vegetable spiralizer you can use a vegetable peeler with teeth, if you don't have that you can just use a regular vegetable peeler and then cut the strips into long thinner pieces. Honestly though, they're so much fun to use. You can get really decent ones from Amazon under 20 bucks!

1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
Wedge of lemon
2 large tomatoes (I used one yellow one and one red one because that's what I had on hand)
2 small garlic cloves, minced
Handful of basil, cut into thin ribbons
Good quality olive oil, I eyeballed it- roughly 1/4 cup
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced

Cut your tomatoes in half and squeeze them over the sink to remove the seeds, then cut the flesh into 1/2 inch pieces, place in a bowl along with the garlic, basil, oil, vinegar, and sun-dried tomatoes. Give it a stir and season with salt and pepper to taste. Leave on the counter for at least 20 minutes to marinate. In the meantime spiralize your zucchini and squash. Take a wedge of lemon and squeeze it over the spiralized veggies, along with a teaspoon or two of olive oil- give it a good toss. Divide the veggie noodles into four separate bowls, then divide the sauce into four portions and spoon over noodles. Serve and enjoy :).

Makes 4 small portions, recipe adapted from Chef Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment