Monday, July 8, 2013

Breakfast Toast Two Ways

Avocado Toast
I used to eat this a lot in my undergrad but never jazzed it up the way my friend did when she made it for me one morning. Nowadays I enjoy her version of this perfect toast!

Multi-grain bread
1/2 avocado 
Plant-based butter (I use mine)
Good quality olive oil (like Bragg's unfiltered extra virgin)
Coarse salt
Sesame seeds
Lime wedge

Toast the bread, spread it with a thin layer of butter, and add slices from 1/2 an avocado over top. Drizzle it with a little olive oil, the juice from a lime wedge, a good pinch of coarse salt and a hefty sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy- California style :).

Tomato Toast
I've been eating tomato toast since I was little. My mom would slice up some tomatoes and layer them on a piece of multi-grain bread, drizzle it with some olive oil and spices and toast it until the bread was crunchy. To this day I probably eat tomato toast at least once a week.


Multi-grain bread
Tomatoes
Olive oil
Sea salt
Dried oregano (or whichever spices you prefer)

I usually use the small tomatoes and have four or five slices per toast (the bread also comes out crunchier that way for some reason), but today I had this jumbo (organic!) tomato sitting on the counter begging to be used. Just slice the tomatoes thin, set them on the bread, drizzle with olive oil, salt and spices, and toast until the bread is crispy and the tomatoes are roasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment