Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Steak Mushrooms

I make this about once a week, I adore these. They're meaty and delicious, absolutely the most perfect little mushrooms.

1 8-ounce package of white button mushrooms
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 dashes of Montreal steak seasoning
3-4 sprays of Bragg's liquid aminos or a dash of low sodium soy sauce

Slice your mushrooms if they're not pre-sliced (I like them a little on the thicker side). Saute your mushrooms in the olive oil in a hot pan over medium heat. Once they're almost tender add in the seasoning and braggs, continue to saute until completely tender. I like to leave them in the pan a little past tender and then I'll raise the heat a bit at the end until they get a little color on the bottom, almost to the point where they stick to the pan. If we're going to be real: sometimes I eat a whole bowl of this and call it dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment