Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Honey Drizzled Pears with Parmesan Shavings

This is so simple but so palate pleasing. When I lived in San Francisco I ate this all the time. I would stroll along the Embarcadero as I made my way to the Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market, pick up some fresh local raw honey, some pears, and some Parmesan cheese. Oh, perfection.

2 ripened pears of your preference, I personally favor Anjou pears
3 tablespoons honey, I encourage raw wildflower honey
3 tablespoons Parmesan shaving

Slice the pears into thin pieces, arrange them on a plate. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cheese shaving. Serve at room temperature. 

Seriously, this is one of those recipes again that really deserves to be savored with a glass of wine, perhaps even a lovely book. Or better yet, served out on the porch (that I currently don't have) where you can dream freely of the Embarcadero market. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment